Thursday, May 30, 2013

NASCAR Sprint Cup 2013 Schedule for Google Calendar


I am a huge fan of NASCAR and love to either watch the race on TV or listen to it on the radio if I am out doing other things. It is always hard to remember when the races are, though, so I thought I would look for the NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule to put on my Google Calendar. The Tampa Bay Rays have their schedule that can be put on to the Google Calendar so why not NASCAR, right? Wrong! I searched and searched for the Calendar feed but could never find it. I did a search through Google to see if anyone had thoughts on how to incorporate it into Google Calendar and still nothing. So I did what any fan would do - I downloaded the schedule in Excel form from NASCAR directly and then modified it for Google Calendar.

I present to you the NASCAR Sprint Cup 2013 Schedule!! This is just a basic calendar setup but it includes the race name, which TV station it will be on (FOX, ESPN, NBC, etc), which radio station will be airing the race (PRN or MRN), date, time, and location of the race. If you happen to notice any errors or issues please let me know in the comments below.

Now the important part - installing the schedule to your Calendar. I use Google Calendar for everything since it syncs across all of my devices but the file you need to import is a .csv file, I am sure you can attach it to most calendars out there. Just be sure to realize that this was designed for Google Calendars.

  1. Download the NASCAR Sprint Cup 2013 Schedule .csv file
  2. Open Google Calendars
  3. Click the drop down box mark Other calendars
  4. Select Import calendar
  5. Click Choose file and then locate the NASCAR_SprintCup_2013.csv file. Click Open
  6. Select which Google Calendar you would like this to fall under. I created a separate NASCAR Calendar to put this under for now.
I am also working on the NASCAR Nationwide Series 2013 Schedule and will post that when it is done. If there any other calendars you would like to see, let me know in the comments below. Comments and Thanks are always appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for doing this. I downloaded the version from NASCAR, and it stupidly has all the times set for midnight. Which means my calendar alarm goes off 1 hour before that. Not really helpful. I hope you have time to do this again for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely make one for next year as well and for Nationwide series too.

      Delete