Thursday, January 23, 2014

The 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Schedule for Google Calendar and iCal


Well, it's that time of year again where the cold is settling in, football is ending, and the engines are warming up. The 2014 NASCAR season is almost upon us and with all the changes that have been taking place with teams and drivers as well as the new qualifying rules, you will want to know when the races are so you can enjoy every minute. I have finally finished the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series calendar and made it live in Google calendars as well as the bottom of this blog. I made it a lot simpler to get this year as well. There are four ways to get the calendar:
  1. Under Other Calendars, put the address maunaak1bfgugljm6ppreaknlg@group.calendar.google.com in the "Add a friend's calendar" box and it will automatically be added to you Google calendar.
  2. You can download the iCal file from my Google Drive. The iCal file can be uploaded into any calendar product that supports the iCal format. A list of programs that this can be used with can be found on Wikipedia.
  3. You can view the calendar on the Internet.
  4. You can embed the calendar on your site by pasting the code listed below onto it.
    • <iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=maunaak1bfgugljm6ppreaknlg%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
This is just a basic calendar setup but it includes the race name, which TV station it will be on (FOX, ESPN, NBC, etc), which radio station will be airing the race (PRN or MRN), date, time, and location of the race. If you happen to notice any errors or issues please let me know in the comments below.

Added February 11, 2014: If you're looking for the NASCAR Nationwide series calendar it can be found here.

27 comments:

  1. Thanks a bunch. Saved me from having to manually type this into Google Calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I've been searching for a decent NASCAR calendar to add into my Google calendar, and this looks perfect! Thank you so much for putting this out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I've never found a good NASCAR calendar to use with Google Calendar which is why I created this.

      Delete
    2. This sure is a good one. It automatically adjust for my CST Time Zone. I have Seth's Nationwide and Sprint cup and its nice and organized.

      Delete
  3. Good Morning Seth, all I have is a iphone 5, no desktop, so I'm havin a real hard time. Any way you could help me, your instructions, are they for a desktop, also the iphone.

    I sure could use your HELP, PLEASE
    NEIL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Neil,

      You should be able to go to Settings on your iPhone, then Mail, Contact, Calendars. Tap on Add Account and select Other in the list of accounts. Choose Add Subscribed Calendar at the bottom and enter the following address:

      https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/maunaak1bfgugljm6ppreaknlg%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

      Tap on Next and enter a description for the calendar. Tap on Next again to finish setup. That should do it for you! Let me know if you have any issues.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much! - No idea why NASCAR doesn't do this as a matter of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wondering that as well! It's all good though.

      Delete
  5. Hi Seth, Thank you very much for this. Any idea where one might find similar calendars for the Nationwide series and the Truck series?

    Thanks again,

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently working on both of those calendars now. Look to see them up in the next few days.

      Delete
    2. The NASCAR Nationwide Series Calendar is up! http://wideworldoftech.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-2014-nascar-nationwide-series.html

      Delete
  6. Seriously, you. are. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a ton Seth. I don't recall where I got my calendar last year but was thinking it was Nascar.com. Maybe they quit doing it or I recall wrong but thank you so much for putting these up. I live by my phones calendar and have to have my nascar in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job. I'm making a similar calendar but putting all 3 series in a single calendar. I did notice what appears to be an error. You have the NSCS Showdown and All-Star both on the same day and time. The NASCAR web site indicates the Showdown is 5/16/14 7PM and the All-Star 5/17/14 9PM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Cool - I edited the ics file to show the track name instead of "NASCAR: Sprint Cup Series" since this was the only racing calendar I needed to add. Now I can see at a glance which track is next without having to tap on the event. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seth, Thank you so much! Saved me some time and money. :)

    ReplyDelete